- Why we collect personal data
- What kind information we collect
- Where we get these information
- Who we share your information with
- How we protect your information
- Your choices, including how you can check and update any personal information we have about you
The policies described herein apply to information gathered from seafarers and local employees for recruitment/employment purposes; and principal/sub-contractors for business
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA:
To facilitate our business and improve our service, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal data when it is reasonable and necessary. When we can, we aggregate and anonymize this information such that you are never identified as an individual.
In particular we are using your data to:
- Manage your records, process employment application, business arrangement/agreement, monitor the quality of our services, train our staff, for continuous effective communication, and provide services timely and efficiently;
- Share your personal data with third-party contract service providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
- Generate statistical insights for company or principal initiatives;
- Perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under the law or regulations.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect information to get to know; provide services; and keep contact with our applicant seafarers, local employees, principals, and sub-contractors. This includes:
Who you are:
What you do during your deployment:
- Basic personal information like your name, date of birth, gender, nationality, rank/position, marital status, address, contact numbers, email address and identity supporting documents such as Seaman’s Book or passport numbers, certifications, licenses, etc.;
- Employment history, education and trainings;
- Your health records;
- Your/your allotee’s bank and payment details; and
- Your next of kin and emergency contact person’s contact details like address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address;
- Business address, contact numbers and email address
- Work conduct;
- Health condition;
- Conditions on-board.
WHERE WE GET THESE INFORMATION:
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you:
Information that you personally give us:
Information that we collect during our relationship with you:
- Apply for a job with our company/our principals;
- Participate in our training program
- Take part in our research and survey
- Submitted your data for business agreement/transactions
Information we collect from other sources:
- Use the services of our accredited contract service providers such as medical clinics, training centers and ship’s agents;
- Feedback from the principals;
- Feedback from your co-workers during your deployment
- Submission of documents as per required by law
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal data from third parties and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
WHO WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH:
We will never share, rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside Interorient, its principals and subcontractors except in limited circumstances as noted in this policy. In some instances, we may be required to disclose your personal information to our agents, affiliates, partners and other third party agencies as part of business operations and the provision of our services. This means we might share your information with:
- Our partner companies, organizations, insurers or agencies including their sub-contractors that act as our service providers, contractors, professional advisers who help us provide our services.
- Law enforcement and government agencies; and
- Other companies whom you have also given consent to share your information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, and security controls;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
We will retain your personal data throughout your employment/business agreement, and with specific time span based on our company policy and/or our agreement, unless a longer period may be required by the law/circumstances.
HOW YOU CAN CHECK AND UPDATE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU:
You are afforded certain rights in relation to your personal data under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, which includes the right to access your data, the right to modify inaccurate data, the right to erasure or blocking of data etc.
- You may request hard copy of your personal data submitted to us (i.e. print out of application form) for verification of the accuracy of information
- You may also request for electronic copy of your submitted information through the use of usb/flash drive
- You may advise the office for any rectification needed on your personal information in order to ensure its suitability
For any other clarification, you may get in touch with our Data Protection Officer through the contact details provided below.
Our Contact Details:
Data Protection Officer
Tel no. : 631-12-26 loc 232